See that little fiend of walnutty, chocolatey deliciousness? Yeah, it looks sweet, but it has me in a fudge induced stupor right now. And I'm also wearing my stretchy pants, out of necessity, and not because I'm thinking of becoming a Mexican pro wrestler.
However, as this is the fundamental job of fudge, no hard feelings, little chunk o' heaven.
But because of the aforementioned stupor, I can only hold on to a single thought for just a few seconds before my mind wanders off and I wake up 30 minutes later swearing at a green pig in a hard hat for surviving the havoc my angry bird just wreaked on its house.
So. A few of those thoughts, and then it's back to strategizing. (Did you know those green ones can fly backwards?? What a world!)
- I miss blogland. A lot. The crazy thing is, I became a blogger in order to practice writing. I had no idea all of YOU were out there, lining up to be supportive and kind and my friends and stuff. And then came the real stunner: blogging worked. I did improve as a writer. So much so that before I knew what was happening, I was, you know, a writer. And I slowly transitioned from being a blogger who did a little writing into a writer who did a little blogging. Be careful what you wish for, and all that jazz.
- If anyone is going to Costco this week, please pick up some laundry soap and those chocolate covered pretend pomegranate seeds for me. Then come to my house and do my laundry, because I'll be busy eating chocolate covered pretend pomegranate seeds.
- I just read a comment on Facebook written by one of the guys who gave me such a hard time for saying 'damn' and 'hell' and 'visiting teaching' all in the same novel a couple of years ago. He absolutely loathed the movie Les Miserables because of the rape and the suicide and the suggestion that, if you add singing, it suddenly becomes Disney on Ice. Someone please send him a translation of the word 'miserables,' along with a list of books written for people older than age 11.
- It's entirely possible I'm still bitter about the whole 'hell' and 'damn' and 'visiting teaching' thing.
- Here's a psychology question for you all: Why do I always block access to my closet? I mean, always. My room was Christmas central for the last couple of weeks. Guess where everything landed? Right in front of my closet. We went on a trip last week. The suitcase is still sitting there, chatting up the wrapping paper and empty Amazon boxes, making the act of choosing a blouse to match Nacho Libre stretchy pants both perilous and acrobatic. And I always do this. WHY?
- I upgraded the operating system on my iPhone recently, and now it won't let me write sideways on Facebook. It's astonishing how annoyed this makes me.
I'll be back after the New Year! Stay warm, ma peeps!